Deaerators (DAs) are recommended when the steam system requires significant volumes of make-up water that must be treated to remove free oxygen and carbon dioxide from boiler feedwater. Precision Boilers’ tray deaerator is the best choice for large stream flows where limited condensate return creates a large demand for makeup water. Investing in a Tray DA dramatically reduces the consumption of the costly oxygen-scavenging chemicals typically required to prevent corrosion and premature steam system failure.
How It Works:
The Tray DA relies on internal spray valves, a cascading series of trays, a vent condenser, and fresh steam. This creates conditions for large flows of make-up water to release the O2 and CO2 naturally. The upper deaeration vessel is equipped with internal, stainless steel vent condenser and spray valves that release free O2 and CO2 from make-up water as it enters the top of the vessel. Condensate returns and boiler supplied steam enter the same vessel from the sides, heating make-up water as it flows down through a stacked column of trays to enter the lower storage vessel. The latent heat from the steam combined with the increased surface area of the trays drives additional free O2 and CO2 from the water. Ultimately, all O2 in excess of 0.005 cc/liter is removed and titratable free CO2 levels are reduced to zero.
Tray deaerators can be configured for intermittent duty (on-off), continuous-run with recirculation loop, or precisely modulated by a Variable Frequency Drive control for ease, efficiency and energy savings. Precision Boilers also offers solenoid or air actuated valves with proportional control features for more precise level control.
Features & Benefits:
- Deaerator and storage vessels are 50 psi design and fabricated to include 1/16-in corrosion allowance.
- Mounted on a structural steel stand above the feedwater pumps that are mounted on the base.
- Pumps, motors and controls are pre-piped and pre-wired prior to shipment (pump NPSH requirement determines stand height).
- Float activated make-up water valve adds fresh water to replace condensate lost through the steam loop.
- The DA float assembly is externally mounted, typically sharing the sight-glass water column.
- Control panel mounted on the stand contains fused magnetic starters, switches, lights, alarms, and controls.
There are no reviews yet.