- Excel is tested and listed to the ULC S-629 chimney standard. The ULC standard is generally considered the toughest residential chimney standard in the world. The USA standard requires the chimney to withstand three 10-minute 2100°F chimney fires. The Canadian standard requires the chimney to withstand three 30-minute chimney fires, three times longer than the USA.
- Excel is the only 1 inch wall insulated chimney to pass the ULC standard.
- Excel’s unique thermoplus insulation has an extremely high insulating value that helps to keep flue gasses hot. Creosote won’t condense in a hot flue.
- Excel is the lightest weight insulated chimney of its kind on the market. This low thermal mass enables it to heat up quickly, reducing creosote formation. And Excel’s light weight helps make it the easiest chimney to install.
- Excel incorporates continuous blanket insulation into a design which eliminates couplings between lenghts. This means there are no hot spots on the outside, or cool spots on the inside.
The Excel insulated stainless steel chimney is suitable for use on appliances that burn wood, oil, coal, gas and charcoal and comes in 5”, 6”, 7” & 8” diameters.
- UL 103HT – The standard for solid and liquid fuel chimneys installed in the USA.
- Along with many other tests the UL 103HT Standard requires the chimney to withstand three 10 minute chimney fires at 2100°F (1150°C).
- Listing #5965
- ULC S-629 – The standard for solid and liquid fuel chimneys installed in Canada.
- Along with many other tests the ULC S-629 Standard requires the chimney to withstand three 30 minute chimney fires at 2100°F (1150°C).
- Listing #5965
EXCEL chimney is suitable for use on appliances that burn:
- It is specifically engineered for wood burning stoves, fireplaces and residential furnaces.
Allowable Flue Gas Temperatures:
Max Continuous 650°C (1,200°F)
Tried Forced Firing 925°C (1,700°F)
Tested to 1,150°C (2,100°F)
Clearance to Combustible Materials:
2” clearance except in areas protected by factory-built supports certified for reduced clearance. EXCEL round and square supports permit the chimney to be installed with approximately 1 inch of clearance – in the area shielded by the support.
There are no reviews yet.